Margaret River Community Centre Inc
– Content Coming Soon –
Reflections 1990 - 2020
For more on the history of the Margaret River Community Centre, click here.
The Margaret River Community Centre is operated by the incorporated association, Margaret River Community Centre Inc, which is overseen by a voluntary management committee. The committee employs a Centre Manager, Childcare Coordinator and multiple staff.
MRCC Inc Management Committee meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
MRCC Inc Objects of Association
Margaret River Community Centre Inc was originally incorporated in 1993. It adopted the Model Rules (Associations) 2016 of the Associations Incorporation Act WA (2015) with the following objects of association:
- To provide counselling, welfare and charitable facilities and services for the relief of suffering, distress and poverty, and to meet the needs of and provide help for individuals requiring support and assistance in the community generally and without restrictions.
- To promote the health, welfare and care of children and families.
- To provide a building in which members of the community meet for social or other purposes and to maintain the heritage value of the facility.
- To provide a venue for communication, identity and consensus.
- To serve the local community by bringing together people and ideas for education in the sciences and arts that is beneficial to this community, either specifically or generally.
- To provide a meeting place and coordinating assistance for various organisations.
Life memberships have been awarded to the following people, in recognition and honour of a long-term commitment and dedication to the Margaret River Community Centre Inc and, so too, to the local community. Congratulations and thank you to:
- John Alferink in 1999: member of the original Margaret River Community Centre, Treasurer MRCRC 1991 – 1999
- Rosamond Blakeney in 2020: member of the original Margaret River Community Centre, Committee Member MRCRC and MRCC Inc 1993-present, Chair of MRCRC 1997-2006, Deputy Chair MRCRC/MRCC 2006-2020
- Anne Shepherdson in 2020: member of the original Margaret River Community Centre, Committee Member MRCRC and MRCC Inc 1993-present, Chair of MRCRC 1993-1996
- Lyn Moorfoot in 2020: Administration Assistant 1995-2020
- Sally Hays in 2021: Committee Member MRCRC and MRCC 2006 – present, Chair 2010 – 2021